Vacancy Note for the position of the Executive Director of Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union
The Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union announces a competition for a vacant post of Executive Director.
- master degree;
- excellent knowledge and experience (at least 5 years) in defense and promotion of human rights;
- comprehensive awareness in the human rights landscape, development, dynamics, trends, and tendencies in Ukraine and beyond;
- knowledge in international and national human rights legislation and practices;
- minimum 5 years of successful supervising, designing, managing, and implementing donor-funded technical assistance projects focusing on human rights;
- prior experience in working with national and international donors in Ukraine, in particular with the USAID, SIDA, GAC, Council of Europe, European Commission;
- prior experience in awarding and managing sub-grants to local organizations for promote human rights;
- managerial experience managing a complex portfolio that includes human rights activities;
- demonstrated track record of building and effectively managing a strong team;
- demonstrated ability to establish strong working relations with officials at all relevant level country government as well as other donors, media and civic leaders;
- excellent writing skills as well as strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- strong computer skills;
- fluency in written and spoken English, Ukrainian, Russian.
- development of long-term development strategy and short-term plans, programs, projects of the Organization;
- effective management of organization for the achievement of its strategic tasks and implementation of programs and projects of the Organization;
- developing communication strategy and designing key messages for relevant audience;
- representation of Organization in relations with other organization, authorities, donors and other stakeholders;
- securing organizational development and team building;
- integration of various programs and project in coherent activity of organization purported toward achievement of strategic aims;
- development and implementation of fundraising strategy of the Organization;
- leading the team of the Organization;
- control over implementation of internal policy and regulations of the Organization;
- financial planning and control over financial procedures; risk assessment:
The Executive Director reports to the General Assembly and the Board of the Organization.
To submit your application, send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17:00 on September 25, 2017.
Please, indicate “Executive Director” in the subject line of the e-mail.
After preselection process, the best candidates will be invited for the interview. Each candidate will be informed of the results of the selection in writing.
Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union is an Association of 27 human rights organizations that work to protect human rights and fundamental freedoms. Personnel policy of the Union is based on the principle of non-discrimination, providing equal opportunities for candidates regardless of race, color, age, religious or political beliefs, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation in making decisions about hiring or career. For more information about the Union activities see www.helsinki.org.ua.
If you find an error on our site, please select the incorrect text and press ctrl-enter.