USAID Human Rights in Action Program (UHHRU): Position of Advocacy and PR Manager
Position of Advocacy and PR Manager of UHHRU-implemented USAID Human Rights in Action Program
The Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union announces a call for candidates for the position of Advocacy and PR Manager of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Human Rights in Action Program.
- Planning advocacy activities within the framework of the Program (together with key personnel) and their coordination, launching and supervising separate advocacy campaigns.
- Establishing cooperation as well as ensuring communication and coordination with representatives of various branches of government, embassies, international institutions and civil society organizations.
- Regular monitoring and analysis of the human rights situation in Program-related areas, making suggestions regarding necessary interventions in the formation of the human rights agenda.
- Organizing and moderating advocacy and awareness-raising events, participating in live television broadcasts, etc., representing the Program on external forums (including international ones).
- Maintaining contacts with the media within the framework of the Program.
- Preparing public appeals, statements and analytical notes, participating in the preparation of visual materials, etc., as well as providing information for Program reports.
- College education and at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with the subject of human rights.
- Experience with civil society and/or project activities.
- Ukrainian and English (upper-intermediate).
- Understanding of the specifics of the work of the authorities, international organizations and civil society, as well as of state policy formation and lawmaking processes.
- Ability to gather and analyze information and letters, as well as good communication and negotiation skills.
- Responsibility, good organization, systematic and proactive approach, attention to detail, ability to multitask, work under pressure and perform tasks within a limited time frame, ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Professional contacts within the government, civil society organizations or international institutions will be an advantage.
Candidates must send their CV and motivation letter to this address email@example.com by 18 November 2018.
In the subject field indicate “Advocacy and PR Manager”, in the body of your email indicate your expected salary. Selection will based on interviews with the most suitable candidates. Each candidate will be notified of the results in writing.
The Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union is an association of 27 human rights organizations working in the field of human rights and fundamental freedoms protection. UHHRU’s HR policy is based on the principle of non-discrimination, ensuring equal opportunities for candidates regardless of their race, color, religion, political or other beliefs, gender, age, ethnic and social origin, sexual orientation and gender identity, citizenship, marital and financial status, place of residence, as well as linguistic or other characteristics in decisions on hiring or promotion. For more information on UHHRU’s activities please visit the organization’s website www.helsinki.org.ua.
The USAID Human Rights in Action program is aimed at strengthening responsibility for human rights violations and war crimes committed in the course of the conflict in the east of Ukraine and the annexation of Crimea, as well as at laying the foundation for sustainable peace and social unity. The Program’s objectives include (1) expanding and strengthening monitoring of the observance and promotion of human rights; (2) strengthening participation in strategic litigations; (3) improving and expanding awareness-raising and population empowerment activities; (4) restoring violated rights and administering justice for victims of torture and the armed conflict.
The American people, through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), have provided economic and humanitarian assistance worldwide for 55 years. In Ukraine, USAID’s assistance focuses on three areas: Economic Growth, Democracy and Governance, and Health and Social Sector. USAID has provided 1.8 bln technical and humanitarian assistance to Ukraine since 1992. For additional information about USAID programs in Ukraine, please visit USAID official website http://ukraine.usaid.gov or Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/USAIDUkraine.
If you find an error on our site, please select the incorrect text and press ctrl-enter.