Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union announces a call for candidates for the position of Advocacy and PR Manager.
- Developing and implementing advocacy plan that encompasses both domestic and international-level activities.
- Establishing cooperation as well as ensuring communication and coordination with representatives of various branches of government, embassies, international institutions and civil society organizations.
- Ensuring regular monitoring and analysis of the human rights situation pertaining to the armed conflict and occupation, making suggestions regarding necessary interventions for shaping human rights agenda.
- Organizing and moderating advocacy and awareness-raising events, participating in live television broadcasts, etc., representing the UHHRU at external forums (including international ones).
- Maintaining contacts with media outlets.
- Preparing public appeals, statements and analytical notes, participating in preparation of (preparing) public outreach materials (including visuals) as well as providing information for performance reports.
Required qualifications – general requirements:
- College education and at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Familiarity with the subject of human rights (in particular, relating to the armed conflict and occupation).
- Experience with civil society and/or project activities.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian and English languages (upper-intermediate).
- Understanding of the specifics of the work of the authorities, international organizations and civil society groups, as well as of the state policy shaping and lawmaking processes.
- Ability to gather and analyze information, as well as good writing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Responsibility, good organization, systematic and proactive approach, attention to details, ability to multitask, work under pressure and perform tasks within a limited time frame, ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Established professional contacts with the government agencies, civil society organizations or international institutions will be an advantage.
Advocacy and PR Manager will be primarily engaged into implementation of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Human Rights in Action Program being implemented by UHHRU from 2014 till 2022.
Candidates must send their CV and motivation letter by 28 October 2019 to email@example.com.
In the subject field indicate “Advocacy and PR Manager”, in the body of your email indicate your salary expectation.
Please note that only short-listed candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union is an association of 29 human rights organizations working in the field of human rights and fundamental freedoms protection. UHHRU’s human resources policy is based on the principle of non-discrimination, ensuring equal opportunities for candidates regardless of their race, color, religion, political or other beliefs, gender, age, ethnic and social origin, sexual orientation and gender identity, citizenship, marital and financial status, place of residence, as well as linguistic or other characteristics in decisions on hiring or promotion. For more information on UHHRU’s activities please visit the organization’s website www.helsinki.org.ua.
USAID Human Rights in Action Program is aimed at strengthening responsibility for human rights violations and war crimes committed in the course of the conflict in the east of Ukraine and purported annexation of Crimea, as well as at laying the foundation for sustainable peace and social unity. The Program’s objectives include (1) expanding and strengthening monitoring of the observance and promotion of human rights; (2) strengthening participation in strategic litigations; (3) improving and expanding awareness-raising and population empowerment activities; (4) restoring violated rights and administering justice for victims of torture and the armed conflict.
USAID is the world’s premier international development agency and a catalytic actor driving development results. USAID’s work demonstrates American generosity, and promotes a path to recipient self-reliance and resilience, and advances U.S. national security and economic prosperity. USAID has partnered with Ukraine since 1992, providing more than $3 billion in assistance. USAID’s current strategic priorities include strengthening democracy and good governance, promoting economic development and energy security, improving health care systems, and mitigating the effects of the conflict in the east. For additional information about USAID in Ukraine, please call USAID’s Development Outreach and Communications Office at: +38 (044) 521-5753. You may also visit our website: http://www.usaid.gov/ukraine or our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/USAIDUkraine.