Presentation of the report Crimean Process: Justice in Political Cases
On Friday, October 19, from 12:00 to 13:30, the report Crimean Process: Observance of Fair Trial Standards in Political Cases will be presented at the Ukraine Crisis Media Center (Kyiv, 2 Khreshchatyk Street).
The report presents unique work on the monitoring of political trials in Crimea based on the results of 174 monitored court hearings held between 2016 and 2018 (cases of February 26, Akhtem Chiygoz, Volodymyr Balukh, Suleyman Kadyrov , Igor Movenko, Yevhen Panov, Mykola Semena and Ilmi Umerov).
The analysis of compliance with certain fair trial standards was conducted by an international team of experts from 6 human rights organizations of Ukraine and Moldova.
Do Crimean courts provide adequate protection against unlawful political persecution, or are they an instrument of such persecution?
- Mykhailo Batrak, coordinator of the Crimean Process initiative team;
● Sergiy Burov, executive director, Educational Human Rights House Chernihiv;
● Sergiy Ostaf, expert of the Resource Center for Human Rights (CReDO) (Chisinau, Moldova);
● Daria Svyrydova, lawyer of the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union;
● Ilmi Umerov, deputy head of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People;
● Mariya Yasenovska, president, Kharkiv Region Foundation “Public Alternative”.
Moderator – Tetiana Pechonchyk, head of the Human Rights Information Center.
The event is intended for representatives of public authorities, NGOs, media, international organizations and embassies,as well as all those interested in the observance of international human rights standards and the situation in Crimea after 2014.
Simultaneous interpreting from Ukrainian/Russian into English will be provided during the event.
On-site registration. Call (067) 445-95-43 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
If you find an error on our site, please select the incorrect text and press ctrl-enter.