Presentation “Human Rights as an Iceberg in the Ocean of Reforms”
The National Human Rights Strategy has been in force for two years.
On September 5, at 10:00, the INVERIA flow space will host the presentation of results of the conducted monitoring, and discussion of achievements and problems arising in the process of the National Strategy implementation.
In particular, the following topics will be considered:
- “Introduction of the Institute of Constitutional Complaint”
ІІ. “Provision of High-quality and Available Free Legal Assistance”
ІІІ. “Ratification of the European Convention on the Compensation of Victims of Violent Crimes”
- “Some aspects of ensuring the effective investigation of torture-related crimes”
- “Investigation of crimes in the zone of anti-terrorist operation”
- Valeria Lutkovska, Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights;
- Arkadiy Bushchenko, Executive Director of the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union and Director of the USAID “Human Rights in Action” project;
- Oleksandr Yevseiev, scientific advisor to judge of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine;
- Oleksii Boniuk, acting director of the Coordinating Center for Legal Aid Providing;
- Vadym Chovhan, advisor on legal reform of the EU Advisory Mission;
- Ivan Yurchyk, expert of the Association of Ukrainian Human Rights Monitorson Law Enforcement;
- Alina Pavliuk, lawyer of the Strategic Litigations Center of UHHRU.
The participants expect to attract public attention to the topics under discussion and their further broad discussion in order to facilitate acceleration of the adoption of the necessary normative acts and to motivate the Government to take appropriate measures aimed at improving the situation in the specified areas. Representatives of international organizations, embassies, representatives of civil society and state authorities will attend the event.
To participate in the event, please register by using the following link by September 3:
Media accreditation is obligatory.
Should you have any questions concerning participation in the event, please contact Ksenia Semiorkina at tel. +380661137503.
If you find an error on our site, please select the incorrect text and press ctrl-enter.