HIV, TB and human rights Breakfast meeting for Judges
On 5th of November 2018 UNDP will provide Breakfast meeting for Judges.
Date: 5 November 2018
Place: Kiev, 60-a, Vozdvyzhenska Str., Hotel Vozdvyzhensky, Multifunctional conference room.
Duration: up to 2 hours (morning)
Working languages: Ukrainian, Russian.
The objective of this event is to:
- present SDGs and leave no one behind for agenda 2030 in the context of human rights and the law,
- share the HIV and the Law Supplement recommendations and highlight the PLHIV, KP and people who have experienced TB rights in relation to HIV, provide the main points of national legislative environment on HIV and TB in Ukraine,
- identify the role of judges in the implementation of International and European standards for PLHIV, people who have experienced TB and key populations rights, to share the models of working together in country and beyond and/or propose a platform of working together.
The main target audience is judges of the Supreme Court, Constitutional Court and Court of Appeal of Kiev region.
The format of the event is 1,5 -2 hours breakfast for judges. Introductory remarks will be followed by the discussion. After introductory words, a possibility for questions and comments will be provided through open microphone.
The event will be organized around the following main elements:
- Why the law matters for the HIV response, what are the legal impediments that the legal fraternity should be paying attention to, focus on lessons learnt, take-aways from judge’s forum in other regions and their work on HIV and the Law;
- UNDP mandate in human rights in context of HIV/AIDS response, importance of access to justice for PLHIV, key populations and people who have experienced TB;
- Outcomes of the AIDS conference and lessons from the Supplement on Global Commission on HIV and the Law;
- Overview of the HIV epidemic in Ukraine as a high impact country, link to TB, highlights from the Supplement to the Report of the Global Commission on HIV and the law, avenues for implementation support of the AIDS strategy;
- Q&A through open discussion.
Audio-visual services including microphones, screen, and technician, will be needed to enable showing video messages and presentations. Interpreter for English speaking participants. Informational materials.
If you find an error on our site, please select the incorrect text and press ctrl-enter.