Up from this weekend UHHRU is presenting series of meetings “Dumaidan: Preserving Green Areas in Cities and Towns. Proposals”.
Lawyers and environmental experts will present their vision of amendments to the legislation and the concept of state deregulation in the environmental field. The meeting also will feature photos of environmental activists and journalists from the exhibition “Dumaidan- 2016: Photomoments.”
The series of meetings “Dumaidan: Preserving Green Areas in Cities and Towns. Proposals” as part of the International Documentary Film Festival Docudays UA will be held in Kyiv between 25 – 30 March 2017 in Dim Kino [the House of Cinema] at 6 Saksaganskoho Str.
Themes of the meetings:
- Do we need to amend legislation and regulatory documents in the field of urban development and settlements’ welfare? March 25 between 10.00 – 10.45 (Zelena Zala [Green Hall])
- Do we need to amend by-laws in the filed of cities and towns greening? March 26 between 10.00 – 10.45 (Zelena Zala [Green Hall])
- Do we need to amend the structure of government environmental agencies? March 27 between 16.00 – 16.45 (Bila Zala [White Hall])
- Do we need to change the order of delegation in the field of environmental NGOs: maintenance, security, etc.? March 28 between 10.00 – 10.45 (Zelena Zala [Green Hall])
- Do we need changes in environmental inspections’ work? March 29 between 10.00 – 10.45 (Zelena Zala [Green Hall])
- Do we need to change the state budget in environmental issues? March 30 between 10.00 – 10.40 (Zelena Zala [Green Hall])
- Results of the six meetings. March 30 between 10.55 – 11.40 (Zelena Zala [Green Hall])
All meetings will be held over a cup of tea!
Organizers of the project “Dumaidan – 2016: Preserving Green Areas in Towns and Villages” are the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union, the International Charitable Organization “Environment – Law – Human”, the NGO Center for Legal and Political Research “SIM”, the Environmental Humanitarian Association “Green World“, and the NGO “Green Front.” The Embassy of Sweden in Ukraine and Global Affairs Canada support the project.
The event was organized as part of the UHHRU project on institutional development, funded by the Embassy of Sweden in Ukraine and supported by the International Documentary Film Festival on Human Rights Docudays UA.
Contact person: Olena Sapozhnikova, Tel.: +38 063 8566022.